This program will introduce club leaders and managers to the elements of real estate tax assessments. It will include discussion of the following topics:
- Definition of value
- Approaches to value
- Approaches to contesting your assessment
- Jurisdictional differences
- The process
- Highest and best use and its impact on club assessments
- Cost vs. value
- Valuation methodology for clubs
- The impact of memberships and personal property
- Discussion of case law examples
Club leaders and managers should take away from this program an understanding of the elements and procedures involved in managing their real estate assessments to a level where they can advise their clubs to make sound decisions on pursuing real estate tax assessment appeals.
President, Golf Property Analysts
Laurence A. Hirsh, CRE, MAI, SGA, FRICS, president of Golf Property Analysts, has performed 2,500+ assignments in 45 U.S. states. He has authored many industry-related articles and manuscripts and is a frequent lecturer at seminars and conferences. Hirsh has developed a golf course and brokered more than $100 million in golf and club properties.